The simplest recipes are often the best. In less than 30 minutes you can put a meaty-vegetably, low-carb dish of yum on the table which consists of just 7 ingredients, and everyone will thank you for it, they may even ask for seconds! One doesn’t need to think so hard about every meal, especially when it tastes amazing. Cooking is easy, that is the new mantra. Say it over and over again, soon you will be cooking prosciutto-wrapped salmon with garlic bok choy with your eyes closed, well, maybe just for the zen wrapping part.
No matter what your age or gender, it is so important to get some grass fed beef into your weekly meals, here’s why: for starters, grass-fed beef is one of the most nutrient-dense proteins you can buy. Sit and think about that for a moment. It may cost more per pound, but it is packed with minerals and brain-boosting omega-3 fatty acids. It may not make you wise, though it can support healthy blood sugar levels, supply your body with essential electrolytes and can potentially decrease your risk of heart disease. Did we mention that grass-fed beef contains higher amounts of vitamin K2? If that is important to you, cook up this stir-fry tonight.
We’ve made this beef sirloin stir-fry with onion, asparagus, and red bell pepper, though we challenge you to be creative and use what you have on hand, it is a great way to use up leftover vegetables. Green peppers? Great. Zucchini? Even better.
Beef, Red Bell Pepper And Asparagus Stir-fry Recipe
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 lb. beef sirloin, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 bunch green or white asparagus, tough ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece fresh ginger, minced
- Fresh parsley, for garnishing
- Coconut oil or ghee for cooking
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare all ingredients before stir-frying.
- Season beef to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok over high heat, add some coconut oil or ghee and stir-fry the beef strips until just cooked.
- Remove the beef from the wok, and stir-fry the onion and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, bell peppers, and ginger; stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Return the beef to the wok, season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for another 3 minutes, until everything is hot.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.