The days are long, yet there are never enough hours to get everything done. A familiar thought? It happens to all of us – we become so busy living life, while life seems to swim gracefully on by, leaving us with a messy house and a load of dishes in the sink. Take some time out this summer and make more memories around the table, while relishing in the fresh garden crop of the season. Grilled sausages and summer veggies take less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook, leaving you free to spend as long at the dinner table as you wish.
Once you’ve picked your conversation starter (that’s the hard part!), it is time to make the ultra-quick marinade for the sausages and veggies. In a bowl that sparks joy, toss in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, oregano, and basil, then give it a cheerful stir. Pour this deliciousness over your favorite Paleo sausages, zucchinis and asparagus, let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes while you prepare some refreshing strawberry lemonade. Take a sip, and it is back to the grill for the chef – just ten or fifteen minutes, not more.
The meal prep is so quick and easy, that you may even find time to make a creamy cucumber and chive salad for starters, just as you remember that batch of mango and strawberry sorbet you forgot in the freezer from last week. Slow down and enjoy the flavors of summer, the weeks will pass faster than you count on!
Grilled Sausages With Summer Veggies Recipe
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 sausages, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, basil, and oregano; season to taste.
- Place all the vegetables and sliced sausages in a large bowl.
- Pour the balsamic sauce all over and gently toss until well combined. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Grill everything together in a grill basket for 10 to 15 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through and veggies are tender. Stir occasionally.