Nothing beats an assorted platter of meat and veggie skewers at an outdoor party, along with sweet potato appetizers, a vintage bottle of wine and mint-citrus water of course. When guests are headed to your home, it is wise to prepare ahead and think of all the details, making sure you have all ingredients on hand to make it a successful dinner party/meal – the coconut aminos really are essential.
Coconut aminos are akin to soy sauce, making them the perfect gluten- and soy-free replacement for basting meat of any kind. The difference, however, is in their unique flavor. Coconut aminos are slightly sweet and salty, and you may be surprised to know that it is made from sap harvested from coconut blossoms. That sap is then blended with sea salt and naturally aged. The real benefits come in the form of 17 different amino acids and B vitamins that help to boost our immune systems. See, eating can be energizing and incredibly tasty at the same time! Invest in a bottle of coconut aminos and don’t stop at this recipe, move onto Yakitori-style chicken skewers, sweet chili and ginger ribs, or a bowl of Paleo hoisin shrimp and mango. They all taste amazing, and we know your guests will love them too.
You’ve already got a complete meal going on here, but there can never be too many greens on the table. Add a side salad with your favorites and serve away!
Grilled Steak And Pineapple Skewers Recipe
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 1/2 lbs. sirloin steak, cut into cubes
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pineapple, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wooden or metal skewers
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the avocado oil, coconut aminos, pineapple juice and ginger. Season to taste and whisk thoroughly.
- Alternate the steak, pineapple, onion and bell pepper as you thread onto the skewers.
- Brush the skewers with the pineapple juice mixture making sure they are well covered.
- Grill the skewers on the grill for 8 to 10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes, basting with any extra glaze.