If you’ve recently gone Paleo, you will have noticed that wheat is everywhere. Not only is it in plain sight, but it is also hiding in common condiments, but we’ve changed all that and made our own set of homemade Paleo condiments, including ketchup, to keep up with modern cooking. If you are a fan of take-out meals and have tried to recreate them at home, you will find out at some point that the best Chinese stir fry sauce, sadly, contains soy sauce and quite often, sugar. Both ingredients come with a big no for a contemporary Paleo lifestyle. The solution? Coconut aminos with a splash of rice wine vinegar stirred with a lot of love.
When life unexpectedly hands you sweet red peppers and a copious amount of broccoli, that can only mean one thing: fate is ordering a ground beef and zucchini stir-fry for dinner. Gather the rest of the ingredients, there aren’t many, and spend 20 meaningful minutes cooking. Get ready to dig in with your chopsticks, or fork, whatever your utensil of choice, and savor the harmonious flavors of fresh ginger, garlic, honey, coconut aminos and rice wine vinegar that are smothering the zucchini and beef.
Let the desire for new ways of cooking flow into your life. As you go shopping, open your eyes to new ingredients, swapping the past with the present, boldly going where no Paleo person has ever gone before.
Ground Beef And Zucchini Stir-Fry Recipe
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large zucchini, cut into zoodles
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli florets
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Stir-Fry Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce.
- Brown the beef and the onion in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the bell peppers and broccoli florets, cook for another 6 to 8 minutes until vegetables soften.
- Pour in the sauce, add the zoodles, and toss everything until well coated.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, adjust seasoning and serve topped with green onions.