In the pursuit of uncomplicated, budget-friendly and appetizing meals baked in the oven, we are always seeking new ways to upgrade chicken drumsticks. While there is nothing wrong with using salt and pepper as main spices, sometimes we want to challenge our cooking skills and create dishes that make us feel like the most accomplished chefs in the world. Slow cooker BBQ chicken drumsticks are one sure way to spice up your life; literally and tastefully. Mustard-crusted drumsticks are another creative way to make a homemade Paleo dinner that is superbly restaurant-worthy.
With a few basic vegetables on hand, you can have dinner ready in less than 45 minutes, even saving you precious time to make dessert. Sweet potatoes, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes are what you will need to make this work, along with a splash of balsamic vinegar and herbes de Provence. This is an essential spice in French and Mediterranean cooking and combines well with chicken, grilled fish, roasted vegetables and ratatouille.
If you would like to try your hand in making herbes de Provence at home, know that there are several spices in the blend and you’ll find many recipes online. The most typical herbs included in the mix are thyme, marjoram, summer savory, oregano, rosemary, tarragon, basil, fennel seeds, mint, chervil, and lavender. Trust us, there is a wonderful simplicity in this complexity – and it tastes outstanding with drumsticks!
Roasted Chicken Drumsticks And Vegetables Recipe
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, quartered
- 4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. herbes de Provence
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, and herbes de Provence, then season to taste.
- Coat the chicken and sweet potatoes with half of the olive oil mixture.
- Place the chicken and sweet potatoes on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast for about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables and the remaining olive oil mixture and toss until well covered.
- Add the vegetable mix to the drumsticks and sweet potatoes, continue to bake another 15 to 20 minutes.