A little lemon goes a long way in this ice cream.
- 2 cups (480 ml) of coconut cream (from the top of 2 cans of refrigerated coconut milk)
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons erythritol + stevia, to taste
- Stevia, to taste
- Place the ice cream machine bowl into the freezer.
- Heat the coconut cream in a saucepan, but don’t boil it.
- Whisk the egg yolks together until well combined.
- Add a small amount of the warmed coconut cream to the egg yolks and whisk to combine. Gradually add the rest of the coconut cream while whisking until half of the coconut cream has been added.
- Then add the egg and coconut cream mixture back into the pot with the rest of the coconut cream and heat until the temperature measures 158F (70 C). Stir in the vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, and sweetener.
- Let it cool down to room temperature, then pour into the machine bowl and churn for 35 minutes.
- Place into the freezer.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g