Have you tried my Hard Boiled Egg Pudding yet?
People are tagging me in their hard boiled egg pudding all over Instagram and Facebook because the ingredients are so weird but it is so delicious!
I decided to make my Hard Boiled Egg pudding even healthier for my family by adding a few scoops of collagen!
What a GREAT breakfast if you are sick of eggs!
There have been many studies showing a wide range of benefits from collagen. You get a lot of glycine from collagen. THIS STUDY showed that the glycine derived from collagen is essential to maintain the normal structure and strength of connective tissue, such as bones, skin, cartilage, and blood vessels. Many other studies have shown benefits ranging form immune health, digestive health, bone strength and much more. It also greatly benefits the skin and reduced wrinkles and aging. Smoking reduces collagen synthesis and that is why smokers have more wrinkles.
Another important benefit of collagen is that it is the second most ferment-able substrate behind FOS (fructooligosaccharides). This study showed that collagen is great for feeding our gut flora, much better than almost any plant fiber (collagen is 7.96 where plant fiber is 1.53). So the push for feeding the gut flora with lots of plant fiber is really not needed. Just add some collagen.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF COLLAGEN:
- Can help with skin elasticity and aging. This means when losing a lot of weight it can help the skin shrink better, reduce wrinkles and cellulite
- It can help strengthen hair and reduce hair loss
- Improves joint health
- Builds bone strength
- Contains 18 amino acids that help muscle and ligament repair and recovery
- Contains glycine that helps with immune system health and helps with digestion
Primal Kitchen collagen is not only super healthy, it is also delicious!
We recorded a YouTube video making my Collagen Pudding!
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and puree until very very smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Place in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- COLLAGEN PUDDING POPS: Place the mixture into ice pop molds and place in the freezer until set, about 8 hours or overnight.
281 calories, 23g fat, 17g protein, 2g carbs, 0.4g fiber